Sunday, July 7, 2013

I'm running to Your arms


Not much happened today. This won't be an exciting or long post, I'm sorry haha. We woke up around 7 and ate a yummy breakfast. After breakfast we got ready for church. We went to the Port-au-Prince Fellowship, which is led by an Australian guy, so it was nice that it was all English. There were a lot of missionaries there. Worship is always my favorite part during church because I love hearing a variety of voices singing and people raising their hands praising our wonderful and powerful God. It was an amazing site to see.

Today though, it was so much greater than I would have ever thought. The different accents and voices were so great to hear, and it even made me emotional when we sang "I'm running to Your arms". I honestly don't know why it was that particular song, but wow I was so emotional during it. So many hands were in the air and everyone was belting out the song. I think what made me emotional was that I thought of how many people there were in this one room, and I only knew a handful of them, but we all had one thing in common. We love our God. We all love worshipping Him and knowing that He is there with us while we were in Haiti. Knowing that all those people in that room love God just like I do made my heart melt. God is so much bigger than Haiti, and to see the work He is doing here is incredible. When we got back from Haiti, the kids were all running around, so literally all we did today was hang out and play with the kiddos. The kids had so much energy, it was insane oh my gosh. They sure did love playing Fruit Ninja on my phone though... I think we spent atleast an hour on every kid taking turns with that. But yeah that is pretty much what the day consisted of. Oh and snapchat also! They loved when I would take a picture and they were able to draw on it. They were so amazed by it, which made me smile. I'm sorry this post isn't so exciting, but when the week starts tomorrow I'll have more to share!








"All the nations you have made will come and worship you, Lord; they will bring glory to Your name."

Psalm 86:9





No comments:

Post a Comment